Okay, I’ve become rather irked by how much the boobs-n-butt pose is so harped on, as if it’s some hilarious, impossible thing. These were done on a whim, so I apologize for the small/crappy photos and sketchy outlines. Once I find my camera again, I’d like to take some shots that show the whole body and how this pose actually works.
These are all practical positions, and they were all relatively comfortable to do. Even though the boobs-n-butt pose looks a little funny, it’s entirely plausible and anatomically correct (although it can be taken too far). So, don’t be afraid to draw it. Hopefully these photos help a little with drawing such positions!
Yes! thank you for doing this and proving that these poses are actually possible and they don’t break your spine like a lot of people say.
I mean, go ahead and draw them if you want to contribute to the continued objectification of women as nothing better than sexual property. Continue to draw them if you want to toss logic out the window, because these poses are a) fucking ridiculous and b) have no basis in the reality of ass-kicking women. You know what the problem is? All of these poses prioritize displaying the body as a sexualized object, not as poses that allow for like, punching or kicking people — you know, things that superheroines do, and often.
OP missed the point so hard they might as well skyrocket into the sun.
cool story op now try this one
this one too
Also none of these poses are fucking necessary.
Why are women posed like this.
You cannot fight in any of these poses and flying or standing like this is ridiculous.
When you’re with your friends, do you pose like this?
Why do female heroes have to have some ridiculous, fucked up pose, for just standing around? You’re not maxiandapril honey, you don’t do this in your every day life.
That the poses are possible to do is besides the point. The point is, women in comics get fucked up anatomy (on a level men don’t even reach), stupid looking poses, and racy costumes, all because the people MAKING them disregard the fact that not everyone reading the comics wants that. If you’re going into battle, are you going to be wearing a bikini while doing the tits and ass pose? If you’re real, probably not. If you’re a comic book woman? Almost certainly.
Can people actually do those poses? Yes. I can twist my body all sorts of ways. But that doesn’t mean that you can actually DO anything in them. It’s all for show.
You’ve missed the entire point of WHY people hate those poses.
- artists-references reblogged this from pirate-cashoo
- tardiscrash likes this
- wickedvenus likes this
- noemili likes this
- shiraring reblogged this from cocoacathy
- bebetteratart reblogged this from sassmaster-arjay
- itslikeajungle reblogged this from yoyonaki
- 2sp00ky4me reblogged this from starryeyedbibliophile
- theintravenous likes this
- silvertide reblogged this from starlica
- cassandrafarrah likes this
- peispes likes this
- thespiss reblogged this from catzle
- tutorialsforshit reblogged this from moriartii
- the-squash likes this
- morepics likes this
- natarii-hime likes this
- drawmaeydraw reblogged this from ciwish
- iwishiwasaredhead likes this
- honeygrapefruit likes this
- popcorn-party reblogged this from way-to-w8
- keiyone likes this
- fireshinethelion likes this
- allmyfandomfeels reblogged this from way-to-w8
- allmyfandomfeels likes this
- egax likes this
- tangerine-oranges likes this
- way-to-w8 reblogged this from solarenthusiast
- way-to-w8 likes this
- kingzacharie likes this
- caseyisbiscuits likes this
- onceiwasadreamer likes this
- greatmiss-y likes this
- solarenthusiast reblogged this from banirabbit
- shmblshrk reblogged this from cherryburlesque
- cumberpumpkinpatch likes this
- melsreferenceblog reblogged this from starexorcist
- mayorofloserville reblogged this from sovennix
- sovennix reblogged this from destituteluminary
- thatcool-asshippie reblogged this from art-help
- thatcool-asshippie likes this
- trickstercalliope reblogged this from pirate-cashoo
- skeinsoffate reblogged this from pirate-cashoo and added:
- shoppinglistghost reblogged this from pirate-cashoo
- thewumberlog likes this